Gender Equality Guidelines of the Colombian Ministry of Mines and Energy
Wednesday, September 23, 2020, more than 80 companies and unions from the Colombian mining sector accompanied Insuco and its partner CoreWoman* for the presentation of the project Implementation of the Gender Equality Guidelines of the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME), with the support of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
This project is composed of the following main activities:
- The formation of a public-private consultative group to advance the implementation of the Guidelines (made up of 30 companies), establish sectoral goals and share good practices and lessons learned;
- The elaboration of a baseline for the mining and energy sector;
- The technical assistance to five organizations (3 companies and 2 unions) in the elaboration and implementation of their Gender Action Plans;
- The realization of thematic training webinars on the 4 axes of the Guidelines;
- The organization of an event to award the best practices of the sector in terms of gender equality and the highlight of case studies.
#SaveTheDate Monday, September 28, we will be discussing with companies and unions of the energy sector.
Consult the MME’s Gender Equality Guidelines, here.
*CoreWoman is an innovation laboratory for women’s empowerment, working to close gender gaps in education and the labor market.